Reports To: Finance Head
Brief:Ruby Hospital is a state-of-the-art medical facility in Kampala that offers the first of its kind medical services and treatment with upgraded medical technology pioneered by sophisticated medical expertise, personalized care and compassion of doctors of national and international repute.
We are seeking a trustworthy candidate with a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations. He/She will work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete financial reports to management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, manage, and record day-to-day transactions in the accounting system. Maintain, manage, and update records of all inventories.
- Maintainance of Fixed Assets register.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation
- Preparing and submitting monthly tax returns before due dates (PAYE, NSSF, and WHT).
- Cooperating with External auditors during the end of year Audits
- Participating in the preparation of Management accounts at the end of each month.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant financial laws and regulations.
- Ensuring that Revenue is properly recognized and booked as per IFRS 15.
- Perform daily reconciliation of the Hospital system and Accounting system.
- Reviewing reports of different departments to ascertain their accuracy.
- Any other duty as might be communicated by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other Business related course.
- At least level 2 Professional qualifications in CPA or ACCA.
- Knowledge of Tally accounting system is a must.
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar role in a reputable company directly involved in Financial Reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and demonstrate integrity, independent thinking, sound judgment, and attention to detail.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should email a merged PDF containing CV, Cover Letter & Academic Documents by 23rd June 2023 to email@example.com indicating in the subject line the position applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.