Team Lead, Cervical Cancer Screening, Diagnostic & Treatment Project
The ideal candidate should possess thorough knowledge, interest, and experience with OBS/GYN. He/She will be responsible for leading, actively participating and growing their team members and ensuring the project is a success.
Ruby Medical Hospital is a state-of-the-art medical facility in Kampala that offers the first of its kind medical services and treatment with upgraded medical technology pioneered by sophisticated medical expertise, personalized care and compassion of doctors of national and international repute.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and utilizing innovative demand creation and community sensitization activities to promote prevention, screening, and treatment services.
- Linking and/or referring women who screen positive for cervical cancer to treatment services.
- Implementation of point-of-care screening and treatment services.
- Providing technical guidance on best screening and treatment practices.
- Ensure implementation of quality service delivery, understand best practices, and address challenges.
- Collaborating with CSOs, NGOs, Governments, and partners to establish relationships to promote prevention, screening, and treatment services.
- Use innovative marketing approaches to engage stakeholders in supporting the uptake of cervical cancer screening, diagnostic and treatment services.
- Provide oversight over team members on this project and liaise with management to ensure the best possible outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Record medical histories
- Keep up to date with current practices and innovations.
- Experience working with various partners including MoH, Local governments, CSOs, and other NGOs is an added advantage.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Be a registered medical practitioner with a minimum qualification of MBChB or an equivalent degree. The qualification must be registered by the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioner’s Council (UMDPC).
- A broad working knowledge of Obstetrics and Gynecology and related disciplines.
- Proven work experience of more than 3 years as an OB-GYN or similar role
- Should possess a current annual practicing license.
- Excellent Verbal, Interpersonal, and Written English communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for saving lives with technology and making a positive impact in the world.
- Trustworthy and compassionate character.
*Female Candidates Are Strongly Encouraged To Apply.
All applicants should send their applications including an updated resume (CV), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter indicating the position applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.