Ruby Hospital Kampala’s Ultrasound (3D/4D) Scan:
As Ruby Hospital Kampala, we are proud to have the latest Ultrasound (3D/4D) in Kampala and Uganda and. You can trust us to get fast and detailed results in only 15 minutes after the procedure with our experienced Radiologist and Radiographers who are available 24 hours for each of the 7 days a week.
What is an Ultrasound Scan;
- An ultrasound scan (or sonogram) is a procedure that uses high-frequency sound waves to create an image of inside the body.
- It is commonly used to monitor a foetus, investigate symptoms further or diagnose a condition.
Because our 34/4D Ultrasound is so reliable our experts are able to provide you with results within 15 – 45 minutes. We are more than ready to offer 3T MRI scans at our Ruby Hospital Kampala.
We also have these scans available :
– Digital Radiography (X-Ray)
Book You Ultrasound Scan Today!
We are now open 24/7 because of you.
Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions on Ultrasound Scans.
An ultrasound scan (or sonogram) is a procedure that uses high-frequency sound waves to create an image of inside the body.
A small device called an ultrasound probe is used, which gives off high-frequency sound waves.
They bounce off different parts of the body, they create “echoes” that are picked up by the probe and turned into a moving image which image is displayed on a monitor while the scan is carried out.
As advised by NHS, you may be required to;
- drink water and not go to the toilet until after the scan – this may be needed before a scan of your unborn baby or your pelvic area.
- avoid eating or drinking for several hours before the scan – this may be needed before a scan of your digestive system, including the liver and gallbladder
Most ultrasound scans last between 15 and 45 minutes. They usually take place in a hospital radiology department and are performed either by a doctor, radiographer or a sonographer.